Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Things First

Hello everybody, and welcome to my brand new Skyrim blog! So, if the game's still days away from release then what the hell am I doing here already? Even though there's no game to be talking about yet, this post might actually be long. This is an introduction to who I am, how I am preparing for the game, and a few views on other things. It also allows me to test the layout better than the previous test post, and avoid not knowing how to begin the blog when Skyrim is actually out. So let's start by first things first then.

I'm 19 years old, student at a fine arts preparatory school. I will later specialize on webdesign and other digital art. For those who don't know, a preparatory school here in France is a school where you "train" for the real universities. Art academies are very selective here and most people who aren't born straight into arts just get owned, so these preparatories really help. 
But anyway, moving on, I'm a fan of fantasy, astronomy, photoshop and flash awesomeness, photography, cars, and of course video games. I've been through the adventure game era, meaning I've played many of those old PSX and some Nintendo 64 games, like Mario 64, all the old Spyro games, Rayman, Harry Potter games. Also some racing games, namely Gran Turismo and Need for Speed. Ever since I got into online games I've been slacking a lot, because these games just take ages to get through, but I'm getting back on my feet now. I'm a Starcraft II player, in which I play 3v3 games as Platinum. I'm also getting into Battlefield since Bad Company 2, and TES since Oblivion. Maybe gonna try Deus Ex for christmas or some other game, I'm open to suggestions at the moment.
I own both a DeviantArt and a Youtube account for some of my artwork. My Youtube stuff is generally not so artistic but that's cool anyway. Getting close to the 2 million view mark. I intend to make some good Skyrim videos, in my own humorous style which you can check in the video below if you wanna know what I'm talking about:



Yeah I've been into that old game, it's been a while since I quit, don't ever plan to return. Anyway, enough talked about myself, let's move on to the blog. I photoshopped through the background and header yesterday and so far so good, I'm keeping this for now at least. On the right, I'll eventually add a few more gadgets. There will be a picture of my chacter, a little gallery of my best screenshots, a few made-up badges to show people what kind of stuff I'm into, and other stuff. There's a little video on top with a soundtrack for the blog. It's a soundtrack from the Lost series, which I absolutely love. I used to play Oblivion with those soundtracks ; you should try as well if you haven't yet because they work wonderfully with TES. That little gadget helps me share the atmosphere I'm into when playing any RPG, which is all into immersion. 
My adventures will be narrated by myself as I discover Skyrim, as opposed to narrated by my character. I like to add my views on graphics, gameplay, sound and others from time to time. There's always screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about, else it would get dull. Well, can't say much more, you'll eventually discover it when I begin the Skyrim journal.

Finally, I just wanna show what I'm gonna be playing Skyrim on. Everyone likes to share that kind of stuff before a game is released. I own a HP Pavillion Elite HPE 430, along with a 1920x1080HD screen and some simple Logitech speakers that are just enough to do the job. It's much of a webdesigner's set up. Powerful Intel i7 processor, just too bad the graphics card is average. It does the job, but I won't be running Skyrim at its highest power.  Here's some screenshots of my desk and the PC, you can click them to view full size, if you wanna look up what kind of mysterious items are all over my desk.




So that's what I'll be playing on. When Skyrim's out I'll spend hours upon hours editing my character, being the perfectionist I am. I'll be playing Nord or Breton by the way, perhaps even Imperial as I used to be one on Oblivion. And that said there's nothing much to add except I'm impatient to begin Skyrim, it will be exciting. The other blogs out there are looking nice as well, definitely go check out if you haven't yet.

Until then, may the Force be with you!

2 comments:

  1. Testing comments for great justice!

    2 million youtube views :O
    I've got 600 on my most recent vid, haha. If you're looking for a good graphics card, try out the gtx 560 TI, if you have the cash (my exact version is here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov). It's silent and relatively cheap for the performance it delivers.

    As for games, go with Deus Ex if you've ever been curious about a dystopian technology-driven society, with technology that's not more than a couple of decades away. It's very good, IMO. Also, I'm quite jealous of your setup, as I'm stuck with a tiny corner desk that barely has the required space for my computer stuff.

    I look forward to seeing your blog posts, though I wonder if I'm the only one who'll do a character-driven one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I figured a way out to post comments. It's maybe annoying but it's how it has to be for everyone to be able to post.

    Thanks for the feedback and info on graphics card / Deus Ex. I've been considering that game for a while so it's likely I get it.

    Looking forward to see your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete