Thursday, November 3, 2016

Some catching up to do...

This dusty old blog is getting its first post in years. It used to be my Skyrim blog, but times have changed. I would like to make it about Guild Wars 2 from here on.

I have bought GW2 back in 2012 when it was still in beta testing. Since then, it's the only MMORPG I can enjoy playing. To me it feels different from other games of the same genre. It's a very artistic game: it merges elements from sci-fi and fantasy almost seamlessly, it encourages PvE and map exploration, it has a great variety of activities to do, the community isn't so bad and it just feels like a really polished game that has been created with passion, something you don't find in other online games that much.

I haven't really played that many characters at all. I've focussed most of my time on my engineer, Armathyx. I've been through many memorable moments in game with this character, and it feels wrong to be playing anything else. I'll list a few screenshots to illustrate her evolution over the years.

They're generally in chronological order, although I may have made a mistake. I had to chose only a few out of over a thousand, so it wasn't all that easy to pick. 








As of today, my character still wears this same gear. My main goal is to build myself an ascended medium armor set, but that will take a while. In the meantime, I'm working on achievements, and especially on those of the Season 2 questline as of right now.

This post was mostly a summary of what I've been up to. Tomorrow I'll be talking about my goals and ambitions. Thank you for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment