Saturday, February 18, 2017

Weaving deception

I don't know why I've never tried out a Mesmer in GW2, but I sure have been missing out on something. Along with the Engineer and the Revenant, they're one of the game's unique classes and they sure are a blast to play. As with all my characters, I decided to take my time and enjoy the grind, except this time I'm going as far as crafting my own armor all the way through.

I gave Iona here an edgy haircut, a skimpy top and some bronze sword to start with, and just rolled with it, nothing short of what a real MMO is supposed to be like!


 And honestly, I've grown really fond of this character. The class is extremely fun to play. It's strategic and rewarding. It challenges me to become a better player and punishes me every time I make a mistake. It doesn't feel cheap. It feels like when I started playing my Engineer in the beginning.

I've gone through all weapons and all utility skills one by one as of the writing of this post. I've tested them all for long enough to know what they're about, but I haven't mastered them yet of course.


 Even while still being in the process of crafting my ascended armor, I found enough materials in my storage to level Tailoring and Weaponsmithing, with some extra materials I found on the way as I completed maps. I made it to 200 Mystic Coins this week and sold them all for roughly 190 gold, minus the trading fees (I can't understand why these trading fees even exist in the first place).


I've been through Queensdale, Kessex Hills and Fields of Ruin so far, and I'm planning to do Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom next, two of my favorite maps. I've found that farming events earns quite a bit of experience, and I've been using that to get more levels than usual out of maps.


Thanks to crafting and some karma vendors, I've discovered some great new armor sets. A lot of players complain about there being too many skirts and "trenchcoats" in GW2, but I really don't understand what that is all about. My character is currently wearing a full set of Dry Bones light armor, which is my favorite so far.


I spent some time in Ascalonian Catacombs with my guild, Piken Square Dragon Hunters, in order to gain some more levels while having fun with friends, but as this post is already long enough I'll keep that for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment